- Extra long handle and short blades
- Ideal for use as dissecting scissors
- Available in straight and curved versions
- 15 or 18 cm long
- Serializable & autoclavable
Classic Metzenbaum scissors with extra-long handles and short blades for deep cuts into the body. Metzenbaum scissors are dissecting scissors and are ideal for dissecting a variety of tissues – thanks to the blunted scissor blades. The Metzenbaum scissors are available from Praxisdienst in straight or curved versions, and in different lengths.
- Metzenbaum scissors
- Version: blunt-blunt
- Material: surgical steel
- Version: either straight or curved
- Can be sterilized and autoclaved
- Available in 15cm and 18cm lengths
- 1 pc
Metzenbaum scissors are primarily used in surgery to cut tissue and suture material. The typical long handles of Metzenbaum scissors permits work in deep tissues, so the surgeon’s manipulation is not hindered by wide-opening scissor blades. Of course, Metzenbaum scissors can also be used to cut dressing material or bandages, just like other surgical scissors. In preparative anatomy, they can also be used to open tissue.